Before your facial:
- Please remove makeup if possible, although the therapist will remove any makeup during the facial if necessary. If wearing mascara, please avoid waterproof mascara.
- Be aware that all clothing will need to be removed from the arms, neck, and shoulder area for the treatment.
- During your facial, while your face mask is being absorbed, you will receive a head massage. During the head massage, oil is used in your hair as it has moisturising and other health benefits. Please tell your therapist if you would prefer that oil not be used in your hair during the massage. (However, be aware that facial products may get in your hair along your hairline during the facial.)Alternatively, you can request a hand and arm massage instead of a head massage. If this is the case, please make sure to let the therapist know before the start of the treatment as different products will be used.
After your facial:
To make the most out of your facial treatment:
- Allow facial products and oil in your hair to be absorbed for as long as possible after your treatment.
- Do not to apply make-up immediately after and for at least the next few hours following the treatment. This will allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment and so as not to clog the pores, giving the skin important time to breathe.
- Stay hydrated! Keeping your body hydrated means keeping your skin hydrated, which improves your complexion, and gives you a healthy glow.Also, it is normal to experience a headache after a head massage, but staying hydrated will minimise the risk of this.
- Try to avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol where possible as these are highly dehydrating to the skin.
- Try to avoid the sun immediately after your treatment as the top layer of dead skin cells will have been removed in your treatment, during the exfoliation, making your skin particularly sensitive to sunlight.
To take good care of your skin between treatments:
- Protect your skin from UV light on a daily basis by using an SPF or a moisturiser or foundation that contains an SPF to help prevent skin damage.
- Use skin care products that contain antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E to help your skin fight free radicals from pollution in the air.
- Use products suitable for your skin type. Aim to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin daily, exfoliate 2 – 3 times a week, and apply a mask once a week. This will improve your complexion and make your facial treatment more beneficial and effective.
For long-term improvements and to help maintain healthy radiant skin, book in for regular, professional facials every 4 – 6 weeks.