Before your tinting treatment:
- Please ensure that the area to be tinted is makeup free – in particular no waterproof mascara if eyelash tinting.
- A skin patch test must be completed for each new treatment carried out on each client before a tinting treatment to test for sensitivity and allergic reactions. It can be done anywhere on the body, and is usually done behind the ear or on the inside of the elbow. It should be carried out a minimum of 24 hours before treating the client for the first time, or 48 hours before for clients with diabetes or other special circumstances. Patch testing must re-occur if there has been a change in the client’s medical history, a change in the treatment preparation (e.g. a new formula or different product), any hormonal changes such as pregnancy or menopause, or if there has been a 12 month interval since the last treatment.
- A form will need to be signed to confirm that you have received a patch test and are happy to continue with the treatment, providing that no allergic reation has occured. (If you do have an allergic reaction to the patch test the tinting treatment will not be carried out for your safety.)
After your tinting treatment:
The effects of tinting can last up to 4 weeks, depending on the rate of hair growth and personal care.
To prolong the colour of your tint, for at least 24 hours after treatment:
- Avoid touching and rubbing the area.
- Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments.
- Keep the lashes dry and avoid swimming, saunas, and heat treatments.
- Avoid sunbathing and sun beds.
- If applicable, to avoid irritation, don’t put contact lenses back in for the rest of the day.
- Use oil free products around the eye area.
- Avoid perfumed products around the eye area.
To maintain the colour, return to your beauty therapist for reapplication.